Sunday, August 16, 2020

Panzergruppe 2 during Operation Barbarossa

Generaloberst Heinz Guderian (Oberbefehlshaber Panzergruppe 2)


These are color slides that was broken-up at eBay back in 2007. It shows Panzergruppe 2 (Generaloberst Heinz Guderian) in the Eastern Front during Unternehmen Barbarossa, July 1941. The slides were taken at the Panzer-Abteilung (Flamm) 100 which operated in the first part of Operation Barbarossa together with 18. Panzer-Divison. The corpulent officer is Oberst Gerhard-Peter von Zezschwitz (Kommandeur Panzer-Abteilung 100) which were later killed on 24 June 1941. The photographer was Bildberichterstatter Heinz Eckert.


Sonderführer Z Grey collar tabs , possibly PK (Propaganda-Kompanie), or even Heinz Eckert himself



























Source :
Aaron Starr photo collection
Akira Takiguchi photo collection
Axel Urbanke photo collection
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10211069305563270&set=oa.1066185030233586&type=3&theater&ifg=1

2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I am a retired USAF historian, former Fulbright Scholar, and author of 9 books on World War II. For the past 20+ years I have focused my efforts almost exclusively on Operation Barbarossa, on which I have written/edited four recent books ("Barbarossa Unleashed," "First Day on the Eastern Front," etc.).
    Presently, I am working on a study of Guderian and the campaign of his panzer group in Russia in the summer of 1941.
    I would be delighted if we could make contact, as I would love to be able to use some of your wonderful photos.
    My email: luther.craig@yahoo.com
    My WWII web/blog site: http://www.barbarossa1941.com
    I very much hope to hear from you soon!
    Very truly yours,
    Dr Craig Luther
    661.303.8884 (my voicemail is kaputt, but you can also text me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't know if my attempt to reach you went through, so I'll try again:
    I am a retired USAF historian and have written 9 books on WWII, focusing over past 20+ years on Operation Barbarossa.
    Currently, I am working on a project about Guderian and his 2 PzGr in the summer of 1941.
    I would love to be able to use several of your photos for my new project.
    My email: luther.craig@yahoo.com
    My WWII web/blog site: http://www.barbarossa1941.com
    I hope to hear from you soon.
    Very truly yours,
    Dr Craig Luther
    661.303.8884 (my voicemail is kaputt but you can also text me)

    ReplyDelete