Wednesday, December 9, 2020

SS Soldier in Pea Dot Camo with Civilian


From Akira Takiguchi: Comparison of the shape of perforation of 1945 Agfacolor film and the standard wartime piece. I noticed that on my iPhone the pictures will not show. If you can't see the pictures, view this on a PC. In HERE Axel Urbanke discussed about the Agfacolor slide films that appeared in 1943 with better colors. Recently I acquired a film from 1945 Hungary which has roundish perforation, quite different from the classic Agfacolor film (see attached image). Before the arrival of the the film, I had thought that it must be a postwar copy due to the shape of the perforation - they looked like Kodachrome or postwar Agfa. When I received the film and examined frames in my hands, my thoughts changed. They simply doesn't look like optical duplicates - no loss of sharpness and contrast. So I started to wonder if new films had hit the market. I added a close up of a Waffen SS soldier in pea dot camo (Erbsentarn) uniform to show how good the film is.


Source :
Akira Takiguchi photo collection
https://www.facebook.com/groups/237076659811098/permalink/1596740427178041/?__cft__[0]=AZVy5Lr9ZrnsRF5TSE7YyGfNngapRtEQYSH6JAzqqocKBEyDj0NYL7ygkhCxGwO8JA_QMmw0ZT5yYqBkL7QemHka03cARuBS0n2De_gHOe1wUNdG06Jz7pEQzdNxk0fotT20EYpyWjCg8IDthOT8m_GZ&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R

No comments:

Post a Comment