A group of Krupp L 2 H 143 trucks as personnel carriers (Kfz.70) proves its off-road capability in the Russian swamp, 1941. The white "G" indicates Panzergruppe 2 (Guderian). Note the two-line license plates on the front bumper. Unfortunately, the division emblem on the BMW R12 motorcycle with sidecar cannot be read clearly. The L 2 H 43 and L 2 H 143 "Krupp-Protze" (unofficial designation) was a six-wheeled 6x4 German truck and artillery tractor produced between 1934 and 1941 and heavily used in World War II. It was powered by a 55 hp or 60 hp (since 1936) Krupp M 304 4-cylinder petrol engine. Its main purpose was to tow artillery, especially the PaK 36, and transport motorized infantry. This vehicle was extensively used on the Eastern Front, during the North African campaign and in France and Sicily. The "Krupp-Protze" was of relatively advanced design. Its fuel consumption was relatively high (24 Litres / 100 km on road) in comparison to the comparable Opel Blitz 1.5 t truck (16.5 liters / 100 km, produced 1938 - 1942). Total production was about 7,000 units.
Book "Krupp at War: The Legendary Krupp Protze & Other Vehicles" by Reinhard Frank