Generalleutnant Hermann-Meyer Rabingen standing in a beautiful US-made Buick Special serie 60 (1938) model 66C 4-passenger Convertible Coupe staff car with the license plate WH (Wehrmacht Heer) 707165, while his driver posed beside him. In World War II, the Wehrmacht used every vehicle available, whatever the country of origin, to fill in their transport/staff car needs. Virtually any of US origin cars or trucks from 1935-1941 could be found in the German vehicle inventory in one theatre of war or another. In the non combat zones, vehicles could be found in their original colour or oversprayed with military paint that was available, while for the tyres/tires, most of the high line cars had white wall tyres that were over-painted with what ever colour the unit that took over the vehicle had available.
Photo collection Akira Takiguchi